Thursday, April 22, 2010

And then there was food

I've read the completed blogs. I've read more than one from beginning to end. I knew week 2 brought harder workouts, a defined diet, and a lot of food. I was still completely unprepared for just how much food that was. I couldn't finish breakfast. 3 mini bagels (yay for whole wheat!), an egg, and a bowl of broccoli. I think I left half the broccoli--very sad, broccoli is my favorite veggie and I can usually eat much more than one bowl of it--plus one of the bagels. I tried, really. But there was no way to do it without making myself sick. Though I'm pretty sure my stomach will expand again and be able to accomodate the new plan inside of a week. It's a remarkable organ.

I'm also really really hoping that I'm tired today because I haven't gotten enough sleep lately, and I'm feeling nauseated because I a. ate too much despite not finishing breakfast, or b. am getting sick. Unfortunately I've got a nagging feeling that this is another food intolerance sneaking up on me. See, I don't eat fish anymore. I love fish, but every single time I give in to the temptation and eat some, I feel like I'd rather lose my insides altogether than deal with the pain they put me through within half an hour of indulging my palate. What I felt this morning? A milder, but very familiar, reaction.

I'm (what's stronger than hoping? I don't actually pray...) that it's NOT an intolerance coming out. Because there's only one possible culprit. The egg. Everything else that I've eaten for the past week are things that I've eaten a thousand times. I don't eat eggs though. Haven't since I was a kid. Don't like how they taste or how they smell. But I knew they were part of the project and have thus far clung to the belief that you can develop a taste for dirt if you eat enough of it. So we'll see how the rest of the week plays out. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do if this doesn't fix itself.

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I felt a little off today too and had a hard time finishing my mega-breakfast. Maybe this is just part of the adjustment from tiny food to big food and we need a few days to work it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that's all that's going on here. :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the bounty while it's there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I was nauseous eating breakfast too. Way too much food. Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh, if you can't eat eggs you can't eat eggs. There are lots of workarounds. The road to Peak Condition has many paths! Just keep me informed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wise are the words of the PCP Jedi Master!

    ReplyDelete