Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 2

Day 2 is better than Day 1. So far anyhow. I wasn't as hungry, and I didn't get a headache (yet, at least). I think getting 9 hours of sleep last night really helped. The night before I only got 6 or so, and I ought to know my body well enough to know that isn't a good idea.

Food aside, does anyone else have really sore calves? I'm thinking it was the squats, since I did 300 jumps a couple of days in a row a week or two before PCP without soreness. It's not terrible, most of the time, but it does get annoying every time I go up and down the stairs at work. Muscle failure again with the pushups, but I was expecting it this time.

And....that's about it, really. Not much exciting has happened today. I'll let you know if something does. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, to the sore calves! I've been doing some little pliƩ-type dips and then the stretch where you stand on the stair with the front of your foot and then drop your heel. That and a little massaging action seem to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pain is weakness leaving the body." One of the many truths of PCP.
    Sore is good; means you worked your muscles hard enough to convince them to rebuild stronger. Think about it: if you DIDN'T hurt after working out, it wasn't much of a challenge and your muscles go "That was doable, we can stay as we are."
    So go for the burn and feel it the next day. Revel in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jumps will affect your calves too. When I was jumping last year my calves were really sore. Like Ren said, the soreness is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete