Thursday, April 29, 2010

A new day

So after my meltdown post a few days ago, things have been looking up. In practicality nothing has changed. It's still a lot of food, there are still a lot of unwashed dishes, and I still don't have time for much other than PCP. But once I had blogged about it and gotten those very very nice responses (thanks again guys!) everything became...ok. Like I could handle it again. And I think I've got enough food left from the last grocery trip to last me into the weekend, which is a bit of a relief in and of itself.

Side note--do sweet potatos count as veggies? Or are they so starchy that I ought to count them as carbs? I bought a couple I'm looking forward to eating, but I wanted to know how to count them first.

3 comments:

  1. I had the same question and Patrick said they're veggies. They are delicious and sweet and good for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potatoes = Veg. Don't think too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steamed sweet potatoes, mushy and delicious. Grilled sweet potatoes, fragrant and delicious. And don't throw out the skin! If you steam them, the skin is soft, too. If you grill them, it's a nice crunchy bit -- all good!
    Keep it up and those PCP beginner's blues will soon be a thing of the past!

    ReplyDelete