Monday, May 17, 2010

Back Home

This was a great, if challenging, weekend.

Being home and seeing my fiance for the first time in months was fantastic. The bridal shower was awesome, and we got a lot of gifts that I wasn't really expecting to get (like the Kitchenaid mixer). :)

In PCP terms, it could have gone better. I meant to bring my scale, but left it at home because I was rushing to not miss my plane. So I was guessing on everything all weekend.

I also forgot my dinner Friday night, so I had to try and find something to eat in an airport that was PCP friendly-not an easy task. I settled on a salad from Wendy's, and wow have my taste buds changed. The dressing was disgusting--full of sugar and other nasty stuff. Even the chicken was awful. It was grilled, so I thought it might be ok, and I knew I needed to get some protein somewhere, but it was covered in salt and barely edible. I actually almost gagged when I saw a woman sitting across from me putting salt on her french fries. A month ago that would have been me putting salt on her fries.

Dealing with my parents was marginally easier than I anticipated. After they gave me lots of compliments on how much weight I'd lost so far (about 10 lbs), they didn't really push "bad" food on me like normal. I had explained the PCP as best I could without showing them the website, and told them the basic rules of the diet. Even so, I had to opt out of my stepdad's steaks because he'd already covered them with salt, and my mother insisted on me having "just one bite." I did, and it was delicious, but I didn't want more. I was really happy with the lemon herb shrimp they'd made just for me. *shrug* She is definitely something of a saboteur of diets disguised as a model hostess.

But more than anything else, I was impressed with the way I avoided falling into old habits. There is always a candy bowl sitting on the kitchen counter, and in the past, I would typically snack on it throughout the day. Other than a slight pull towards it out of habit, I didn't even look. I didn't snack at night the way I used to. I didn't want to grab a soda, even after two nights of 5 hours of sleep in a row. I didn't eat because I was bored. PCP has changed things for me in ways I hadn't anticipated, and it's AWESOME.

Go Team Running Rats!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! As you've proved, it only takes a few weeks for the body to recalibrate and crave the HEALTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things went okay and your family was more understanding than anticipated. Go Running Rat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black belt skillz!

    http://pcpupdate.blogspot.com/2009/08/3-techniques-to-disarm-mallory-eating.html

    ReplyDelete