Sunday, May 9, 2010

Indulgences and Parents

I'm beginning to get myself mentally prepared for my trip home coming up next weekend. My parents are one of the main reasons I didn't start the PCP earlier. It's not that they won't be supportive. They're almost certainly going to say all the right things. BUT since my stepdad has no interest in eating healthy, this trip is definitely going to be a test of my self control and my dedication to the program. So I figure that the earlier I start getting my mind ready for the challenge, the better off I'll be.

I'm also sort of torn in regards to the indulgence. On the one hand, it could make one meal with my parents a lot easier. On the other hand, letting their habits affect my food choices does nothing to change my relationship with food when I'm around them. I'm also thinking about using it for whatever food we have at the bridal shower on Saturday, but again, it doesn't help me navigate social situations where I have to eat in the future. Besides, there's a part of me that's had a craving for either pizza or french fries or something like that for a really long time now. So I may decide on a food I want for my indulgence and have it before I leave, then just tough it out with my parents. Or not.

I'll let you know what I decide.

1 comment:

  1. Indulge on your own terms! I'd say not with the parents.

    ReplyDelete